Partnering with You
Transferring to a new school can be intimidating. That's why we partner you with an experienced advisor before you start. From helping you understand which courses can transfer to putting you in touch with professors in your area of study, your advisor will be there to help you through your transition.
- Merit Transfer Scholarships range from $8,000 to $12,000 and are based on GPA and need. Students must complete the admission process and FAFSA application in order to receive a complete award estimate.
- Trustee Honors Scholarships provide up to $3,000 and may be combined with the student’s Merit Transfer Scholarship. Students must be accepted to and participate in the Honors Program in order to be eligible. The application deadline for this scholarship is July 15.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships provide $13,000 to documented members of PTK. Students must have a 3.7 GPA to be eligible and must maintain a 3.0 GPA at McMurry. PTK Scholarships may not be combined with Merit Transfer Scholarships.
- Up to 66 semester hours can be transferred from a two-year college.
- Remedial coursework and grades of "D" or lower are not transferable but may be considered in the admissions decision.
- Technical and vocational courses are not transferable, with a few exceptions.
Simple Transfer Procedures
- Complete the Application for Admission.
- Submit an official and complete set of transcripts from each college or university you have attended to the Office of Admission. If you have fewer than 24 transferable hours of course work, submit your high school transcript. If you are under the age of 22, please provide your ACT/SAT scores.
- When admitted, a deposit will be required before registering for classes. Please contact the Office of Admission to get the amount of the deposit.